On Broadway

Almost daily porch front update on the parade of random people, notable characters,and other miscellany that happen by our office in the heart of a small town.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Back in Action!


It's been while since our last entry and we know many of you having been awaiting our next installment with baited breath, so here we go! We promise not to make you wait 4 months until our next one.....

We have a new regular passer-by! He looks to be a young man in his mid 20's. The first morning we noticed him he was sporting a backpack and some sort of white cotton cloth wrapped around what we can only assume are a fabulous set of dreds. He has since acquired a nice white sign with a message written upon it. I have as yet been unable to read it, but as soon as I do, I'll let you know what it says. He also now sometimes wears a black knit cap over his hair. The things I find quite interesting about this young fellow are that a.) he walks past our office every morning at about the same time, b.) he NEVER uses the sidewalk and, most importantly, c.) he is ALWAYS traveling in a northernly direction. I never see him coming back down the street. I can only assume that when he reaches the end of Broadway he is taking advantage of the teleporter recently installed there to whisk himself back to the other end of the street so as to begin his trek the next morning. Or maybe he just walks back down the street after I have gone home from work. I will have to look into that.

One of my favorite regulars is a woman who manages one of the galleries downtown. She ALWAYS dresses so nice - cute and fun but still professional. We sell to the shop she works at so every once in a while she'll pop in with a repair or something. She is as nice as she dresses. I admire her.

We still see National Geographic guy just about every day. I do believe (D, correct me if I am wrong) that he is going down to the local Subway sandwich joint to grab lunch. Which makes me wonder - what is in that green National Geographic bag if it's not his lunch?

We don't get as many kids walking past now, with summer vacation and all. That will change next Wednesday though. We'll be able to set our clocks by the kids bounding joyously home after a another day of agonizing education.

I don't pay attention to the regular vehicles that pass by, but D and I have decided to figure out the schedule of one of those pesky tour buses that barrel down the street so we can have ourselves out on the sidewalk ready to give those tourists a thing or two to write home about...."Marvin and I enjoyed our trip, but on bus ride out of town we spotted a couple of women standing outside picking their noses".

That's all for today.. tune in text time for another spine-tingling episode!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home